Short Path Distillation Class April 8th-9th
Short Path Distillation ClassBrought to by Open Source Steel and Confidence Analytics.
Day 1 Location & Details:
Open Source Steel
23414 68th Ave S
Kent, WA 98032
- Classroom Lecture / Slides
- Origins and history of distillation
- Basics of distillation apparatus
- Design of distillation apparatus (Batch, Continuous, Industrial, Benchtop)
- Principles of distillation (Thermal Energy, Boiling Points, Evaporative Theory, Vapor Pressure)
- Simple Distillation (Colligative Properties / Solutes, Boiling Point Elevation)
- Vacuum Distillation (Vacuum Pumps, Benchtop Distillation, Rotorary Evaporators, Alcohol Stills)
- Fractional Distillation (Vacuum Pumps, Short Path Distillation, Theoretical Plates, Reflux Ratio, Packing, Column Design, Vacuum Level, Vacuum Displacement)
- Molecular Distillation (Wiped film, Thin film, Falling Film, Diffusion Pumps)
- Winterization & Filtration Discussion
- Safety & Setup
- Terpene Reintroduction Discussion
- Product Applications (Edibles, E-Pens, Pharmaceutical, Topical)
- Q&A / Open Discussion
Day 2 Location & Details:
14797 NE 95th St
Redmond, WA 98052
- Distillation Setup
- Pre-distillation filtration demo (Vacuum assisted Buchner filtration)
- Complete Distillation Demonstation
- Cleanup Process
Day 1 includes a complimentary breakfast snacks and lunch provided by Open Source Steel.
Estimated class length time is roughly 5 hours total each day. Day 1 starting at 10 AM, day 2 starting at 11 AM
Online classes are available, please contact us after purchasing your ticket for arrangements.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-333-4729
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.