5 Corners Not To Cut: An Introduction To Extraction
- Jun 27, 2019
- 0 Comments
5 Corners Not To Cut…. For Beginners
Ultimate Rule #1: Safety First! Always Pressure & Vacuum Test prior to any extraction
- Clean Solvent / Distilling Gas
- Source 99.95+% Solvents from reliable sources, don’t use Blue Rhino or Gas Station propane!
- Distill all solvents prior to use to remove any and all “mystery oil” or lubricants from production.
- Store in sanitary stainless steel tank, do not use Carbon steel it can rust!
- Cold Solvent / Frozen Material = Better color/terps
- Colder the better!
- Coagulate Fats, Impurities and keep moisture frozen < 32f!
- Cons, Reduces solvent pressure and will require pressure assist using Nitrogen or Warm Butane tank!
- Molecular Sieve 3A, 4A, Indicating
- 3A Molecular Sieve is primarily for removing moisture from liquefied and gaseous materials.
- Has a pore size of 3A or 3 angstrom. Any molecule larger than 3A will not be able to be adsorbed.
- 3A Molecular Sieve can be regenerated and reused. To regenerate the sieve you need to remove the adsorbed moisture and other materials. To regenerate 3A Molecular Sieve heat to 250ƒ.
- Keep 3A Molecular Sieve in an airtight container until ready for use to avoid unintended moisture adsorption.
- Pump Maintenance
- Service and Regular Cleaning
- Check for piston blowby / Crankcase leaks
- Backup Pump
- Organization / Feng Shui
- Adequate Space for working
- Prep Space
- Cleaning Supplies
- Extra Material Spools / Socks
Try to make your life easier, not harder!