- SDS Sheets: Available upon request on all chemicals used in this process.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Splash Goggles
- Lab Coat
Preparation and Use
Overview: Distilled cannabis oil will be mixed with n-Heptane, washed with pH adjusted saline, then passed over a MagSil-PR column.
- Concentration - Use full concentration of
- 99% USP Isopropyl Alcohol
- 2 Parts n-Heptane to 1 Part Distilled Cannabis Oil (2:1)
- 1 Part n-Heptane to 1 part MagSil-PR (1:1)
- 2 Parts MagSil-PR to 1 part Distilled Cannabis Oil (2:1)
- 1 Part Isopropyl to 1 Part MagSil-PR (1:1)
Frequency - An initial volume of distilled oil is used. An initial volume of n-Heptane is used, more is added to flush the column. Isopropyl is used to flush the column.
Location - Distillation of crude oil occurs in the short path still
- Dissolve first pass distillate in n-Heptane (2:1, n-Heptane:Distillate).
- Add solution to reactor.
- Prepare 60 parts saline (1-5% Sale to distilled water).
- Separate saline into 3 equal volumes.
- Use Citric Acid to bring the pH of one volume of saline to pH 4.
- Use Sodium Bicarbonate to bring the pH of one volume of saline to pH 8.
- Add pH 4 Saline to Reactor.
- Mix for 10 minutes.
- Drain Saline.
- Repeat steps 7-9 with pH 8 Saline.
- Repeat steps 7-9 with remaining neutral pH saline
- Add t-41 per label instructions, to the solution in reactor, mix per label instructions.
- Wet load MagSil-PR in chromatography column
- Drain solution from reactor to top of chromatography column, collect all fractions together
- Before column runs dry, flush volume of clean n-Heptane through column
- Before column runs dry, swap collection vessel and flush volume of clean Isopropyl
- Rotovap n-Heptane solution
- Second pass SPD