- Plain shape creates more turbulence and a stronger vortex than a round, cylindrical shape or a polygonal shape
- It is used to stir a liquid or solution in biological, chemical, medical and research laboratory applications.
- Teflon (PTFE) casing is chemically inert, can be used with corrosive chemicals, and helps reduce friction and wear while spinning
- Built-in pivot ring helps reduce vibration and wear during stirring
- The stir bar is placed inside a container of liquid or solution that is seated on a magnetic stirrer, which is a laboratory device that creates a rotating magnetic field using a rotating magnet or multiple stationary electromagnets.
- Sizes ranging from 1/2" to 1 1/2"Ã‚